Friday, April 18, 2008

Wild Turkey

As previously reported, there was a wild turkey in our backyard yesterday. No, not the world famous Kentucky Bourbon, rather a real wild turkey. Samson was quite interested in this animal trespassing in his yard, but I felt that it would be better for him to remain inside while I took a few photos of the bird. Wild turkeys are large animals, and they are indigenous to this area of the country. I managed to snap a few photos of this magnificent bird before he strutted away. In all the time I have lived here, this was the first time I had seen such a bird in our yard.

1 comment:

Bob C said...

Sammy almost had himself a turkey dinner. Much better than squirrel I would think.
There are lot's of those wild turkeys in this neck of the woods (western PA). Very disturbing when they fly low off the ground in front of your car!
Glad you can run again. You're never too old or out of shape. My 61 year old sister-in-law is running in the Boston Marathon this week for the first time!