Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Does my brother Eric have a doppleganger?


This morning I drove Deirdre to work. Clearly, when I find a job, this will come to an end, so Dee is enjoying it as much as she can! Well, when I got home there was a message on our answering machine. A woman named Kristi called from Allied Waste Management, and she said, "Hi, I am Kristi and I was wondering if you are related to Eric. He has not been at work the past few days and we are getting concerned about him." I called Kristi back and told her that I do have a brother named Eric, that he is not an employee of Allied Waste Management. She thanked me for calling her and I wished her well in their search for their employee. I called my brother Eric and I confirmed that he did not now or ever work for Allied Waste Management, but he told me that he was aware of another Eric living in A2. If our last name were Smith or Jones or Green, I could see a whole host of Eric Smiths or Jones or Greens, but given our last name, I was very surprised that there is another Eric K. out there. I wonder if this guy is a doppleganger...

6 comments:

Lisa said...

If he does, I bet Eric K., Number 1, aka, the real Eric K., wishes the Doppleganger Eric K., would stop over and stand in on a few diaper changes/3 a.m. feedings!

The other guy pawning himself off as your brother MUST be related. How many of you can there be?

L.

Big Johnny said...

"I do have a bother named Eric"

Freudian slip ?? Sometimes my brother is a bother, as well...

"Well Eric, you've been missing work a lot lately..."

Paul's Blog said...

Whoops! I will edit the post. Thanks for the spell check, John!

Deirdre Honner said...

I wouldn't say that he has been MISSING it John.... ;)

EK said...

Rumors of my abduction by aliens have been greatly exaggerated.

Unknown said...

There is another Michael K in the Boston area. I've never met him, but about 10 years ago, he was a baseball player at Tufts University, near Boston. They were using some sort of experimental bat there that season, and I got a call from a reporter at the New York Times who must have looked me up in the phone book and thought I was him. I called him back and told him it wasn't me. I saw the article on line in the Times a week or so later. Funny thing is that it is no longer in the archives (I looked for it this morning).

As far as I know, he must show up for work each day. No calls to Jennifer looking for him.