Monday, April 21, 2008

I have two new friends: Cole Haan and Joe Banks

One part of my transition from the Navy is that no longer would my choice of career clothing be set by a Uniform Board. From here on out, I will be wearing civilian attire to work until the time of my next retirement. While I had a couple of suits and sport coats, I really needed to update my wardrobe in preparation for my new job with GE. Last week, I went to the local Joseph A. Banks store to purchase some pants and shirts. The attire at GE Aviation is "business casual," so I did not need to buy any more suits or ties. Another thing I needed to do was purchase some new shoes. The last time I bought a pair of civilian dress shoes was in 1990, when I bought a pair of black tassel Bass Monogram shoes for my time at the Naval Postgraduate School. In preparation for my first day at work, I found a great pair of Cole Haan slip-on shoes. From a fashion standpoint, I am ready for my first day at General Electric.

4 comments:

Deirdre Honner said...

But are they in your FACEBOOK??? a

Big Johnny said...

I spent big at L.L. Bean. I like the fit of their pants, and I didn't have to go to the store...

Lisa said...

Breton Village...where the shopping is almost as "to-die-for" as The Windy City.

L.

Paul's Blog said...

Somehow, Breton Village does not compare to the Magnificent Mile. Now that shopping, it is to die for!