Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A judge called me today...

With all the excitement of the Deb Update, I neglected to update this blog about a phone call I received this morning. A little after 10AM, one of the judges I interviewed with at the 61st District Court a few weeks ago called me. Yesterday, I sent the Chief Judge a letter asking that my name be removed from further consideration for the position (I cc'd the other three judges who interviewed me). The judge said to me, "Paul we received your letter today and I wanted to let you know that you made my job a little easier and a little harder. You were one of the finalists for the position as Administrator and we were going to call you this week and ask you back for a second interview. Since you have removed yourself from consideration, we will be able to offer your interview spot to another person for the position. I really enjoyed meeting you and I wish you well in your new job." I thanked the judge and I told him that I, too, enjoyed meeting him and the other judges. Yep, when it rains, it pours!

4 comments:

Big Johnny said...

Should've told the judge "you snooze...you lose"

Lisa said...

Too bad. Now they'll have to give the job to someone with a Masters in Judicial Management.

Whatever that is!

L.

Big Johnny said...

I always do my management judiciously.

Paul's Blog said...

During the course of my interview, I told the assembled judges that I was unable to find such a graduate program. One of the judges said to me, "Yeah, we kind of messed up on that one. We only had one applicant with this degree, and it was from an on line course."