Monday, April 7, 2008

Monday was a very interesting day...

Before my bride left for work this morning, I told her that today was going to be a very interesting day. I felt that today was going to be interesting because I expected to hear back from GE regarding employment with them, and I also had an interview with the U.S. State Department for a position in Lansing. A little after 10AM, our phone rang and it was Hank from GE. He was formally offering me a position with GE. He said that I should see an offer letter by the end of the week and that he was looking forward to me joining his team.

If that was not exciting enough, I drove to Lansing to interview with the State Department. I used Google Maps to get me directions (60 miles one way... ouch!), and I was able to quickly find the place where the National Passport Center was located. I sort of expected it to be in
your typical grey stone federal building. Boy, was I wrong. The National Passport Information Center is located in an industrial strip mall on the outskirts of Lansing. The interviewer flew in from DC (where she works) to meet with me. We spoke for perhaps 45 minutes and she seemed quite interested in me and my qualifications. Before I left, I asked the interviewer, "How soon do you expect to make a hiring decision?" She said that she expected to make a hiring decision within 2-3 weeks.

Yep, never a dull moment in the Enchanted Mitten!

1 comment:

Big Johnny said...

If you take this job, I want you to hook me up with Condi Rice

:^)