Saturday, March 22, 2008

Spring Precipitation

March 22, 2008. This is the second full day of Spring. Yesterday was the first full day or spring, as the Vernal Equinox for 2008 has come and gone. Yesterday we had our first precipitation of Spring. Usually, precipitation at this time of the year comes in the form of water in its liquid state. However, in a cruel twist, the first precipitation of this season came in the form of solid water, also known as snow. Yes, snow. You can see the the snow falling in our backyard yesterday if you look at the dark area to the right of the grill. Those white streaks are snow flakes, falling to the ground.



Last night I did not even bother to shovel the snow that fell, as the precipitation was still falling when the sun set. I made the decision to clear the walk this morning after
I was done with breakfast. Thus, a little after 8AM I opened the garage door, fired up the snowblower and set to my task. I almost ran the snowblower dry of fuel last week as I thought that we would not have any more appreciable snow this month. I am glad that I did not run the snowblower out of fuel as this power tool came in handy. I used the snowblower to clear the 6 or so inches of snow that fell yesterday. Normally, I remove the date and time stamp from my photos, but for emphasis I toggled date stamp to "ON" to document the date: 22 March 2008. Yes, spring is upon us, as is a fresh blanket of snow. Yes, winter still has its grip on the Enchanted Mitten.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Don't fret so soon. Last year it snowed on April 12. I'll see if I can dig out the picture of Katie and I sledding amongst the newly blooming daffodils.

How are Dee's toes?

Happy Easter if I don't talk to you. We'll catch up next week about your interviews.

L.

Deirdre Honner said...

By toes/foot are bruised and bloodied complete with stitches. It ISN'T a pretty site... :(

No sandals for me for a while....