Saturday, March 22, 2008

A little help for a friend

I had double duty today. Not only was I playing nurse to Deirdre as she recovered from her surgery, but I also was on the hook to give our friend Henry a hand. Based on our wonderful experience with the professionals from HWC Homeworks, Henry and his lovely bride Jan decided to have one of their bathrooms remodeled. Work began last Monday and the project is moving along according to plan. The project will take about 12 calendar or 10 business days. On Friday, their craftsman, Don, told Henry that he could paint the bathroom this weekend. Weeks ago I promised Henry that I would be happy to give him a hand painting the bathroom when the time came. This morning at 1000 I went to Henry's house and we set right to work. Yesterday Henry primed the walls and ceiling, and he was also able to get a couple coats of white semi-gloss on the ceiling. Our task was to paint the walls. I was assigned to do the cut-in along the ceiling and the edges by the trim surrounding the door. In a matter of about two hours, we were able to complete our task and not only paint the bathroom, but also four pieces of trim that Don will apply along the baseboards at some point this week. The bathroom remodeling project is really shaping up and by the end of the week Henry and Jan will have completely transformed the space.

8 comments:

Henry said...

Thanks again for your help. But first, the question du jour -- what did you make Deirdre for dinner?

Jan loves the paint color.

Paul's Blog said...

I was happy to help!

I made Dee Parmesan Crusted Chicken breasts. She is currently sitting on the sofa with her feet propped up and an ice bag on her ankle.

I am glad that Jan loves the paint color... otherwise we might be going back to Lowes on Easter Sunday!

Henry said...

Paul,
An update -- I've painted the final coats (2) of white semi-gloss on the 4 trim pieces and also on the inside trim of the bathroom door and the door itself. We're ready for Don to return.

Lisa said...

I have a whole house in need of painting. When can both of you come? :-)

L.

Paul's Blog said...

Yep, nothing says Easter quite like a spiral cut ham and white semi-gloss painted trim!

Deirdre Honner said...

LOVE the color! It looks terrific.

Lisa, we will all be on the next plane to AZ. We are expecting an ice storm at the end of the week....

Paul's Blog said...

Lisa,
I want to remind you that I am easy but I am not cheap! If you think you can afford me, pick out your colors and we will be on the next Southwest plane to the Valley of the Sun!

PK

Big Johnny said...

Time for a DEB update !!!! Slacker....