Thursday, November 22, 2007

THANKSGIVING 2007


I am settling in my spot on the couch, watching the Packers-Lions game. I started cooking this morning when I made my famous Apple Pie. The recipe is one my mother got from a NY Times article 40 years ago and I have yet to find a better one. Apples are my favorite fruit, so it was a natural fit that apple pie would be favorite. I do not make it too often, but Deirdre clearly stated to me that she wanted "...your apple pie." Dee has set the table and everything is on track for a 5PM meal. Samson is clearly excited about dinner tonight!

Dee and I have so much to be thankful for this year. I just completed my Naval career, we have a new dog who is settling in to his surroundings and Deirdre was just promoted at her place of employment. Life agrees with me!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

There is much to be thankful for in your lives. I hope you guys had a wonderful day together. You've earned it! Happy Thanksgiving.

Lisa