Saturday, May 24, 2008

PLAN OF THE DAY

For frequent readers of my blog, you know that chaos has been running rampant in our home. The professionals from HWC Homeworks replaced 9 windows, our frond door and four sliding glass doors over the course of the past three days. We also found out on Friday that this project will run into Tuesday as the exterior trim work still needs to be done. Persnickity Jim and his able assistant Chris completed the interior trim work by 4PM Friday afternoon so now the work shifts to me. I need to accomplish the following today:

1) Prime all trim wood surfaces. Wait for the primer to dry...
2) While waiting for the primer to dry, stain the wood in the Back Room...
3) After staining the wood, return to the aforementioned primed wood and paint the trim with a finishing coat.

Thankfully, I will not be working alone. In a little while, I will pick up our friend Deb, head to Lowes, get our supplies and start to work. It is going to be a long day, but I am hoping to get the painting done so I can start putting the house in order and eliminate the entropy that is now governing our lives. Updates to follow as conditions warrant.

No comments: