Monday, August 18, 2008

3 for 13

As I mentioned in a previous post, the past week has been one of reflection for me. I thought about all that had happened in the course of the past year. I reflected on our fortunes of the past year and then it hit me: I have spent more time under the same roof as my spouse in the past 12 months as I had done in the past five years combined. I lived in New Orelans from 2003-2005, and then Chicago from 2005-2007 as a geographic bachelor. Sure, Dee came to visit, but only for a few weeks, total. I then started to think about how long I had been a geographic bachelor prior to my retirement. I became a geographic bachelor in the fall of 1994, so for reference purposes, call it January, 1995. I came home for good in August, 2007. The only time I co-habitated with the spousal unit was from May, 2001-June2003. Thus, in the span of 13 years, from 1995 to 2008, I have only been home for 3 of those years. I hope that this time I will be able to stay home for a bit longer!

2 comments:

Deirdre Honner said...

Well, it is certainly good to have you home. :)

Big Johnny said...

"I have spent more time under the same roof as my spouse in the past 12 months as I had done in the past five years combined."

and you haven't killed each other yet ???

;^)