Thursday, February 28, 2008

Research and Background Checks


Earlier in the week when I received a call from the Red Cross, they told me that I would need to conduct a background check on me. I was given the URL of the company the Red Cross uses, went to the site and filled in some information about me and then clocked "Finished." Well, this morning I received an e-mail notification telling me that the results of my background check were available for my review. Of course, I was curious so I logged back on to the site and found that the review of available records showed that the previous addresses I listed were "clear" and that a review of arrest records for me was also "clear." Well, isn't that a relief! I suppose that whatever my youthful indiscretions which may or may not have happened, are not on file anywhere! All kidding aside, I would have been quite surprised if anything had been found amiss in this background check.

I spent most of Wednesday doing some research for my upcoming interview with GE on Friday. I have learned a lot about the company and I am quite interested in becoming one of their employees. I will spend more time today preparing for my interview tomorrow morning.


1 comment:

Big Johnny said...

Q. "Does Paul drink alcoholic beverages ? "

A. " Well not too much...not too little, either..."

Are you now, or have you ever been, a member of the Communist Party ?