Thursday, February 14, 2008

RED CROSS INTERVIEW


OK, I have been an absent blogger. Well, I have been busy. Yesterday, I had my first true interview with the Red Cross for the job of Director of Readiness and Response. I signed up for the first open slot (there were 8 finalists), as I wanted to be the benchmark by which all others would be judged. I think that the interview went well. I was interviewed by the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the chapter, as well as the Director of Volunteer Services and Human Resources. The CEO told me that they will be interviewing the other candidates through Friday and then she would pick 2 or 3 finalists to return for a second interview next week.

However, as Deirdre and I have learned, life is providential. This afternoon, my cell phone rang and on the other end of the call was a gentleman named Sean, who works for Alstom. Apparently, my resume (which was forwarded to a few HR people in that company), garnered some interest. Sean and I spoke for a while and he asked me if he could forward my resume on to a hiring manager for further consideration.

As Mr. Gump once said, "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." Truer words were never spoken.

No comments: