Thursday, May 7, 2009

It has been a long week...

I know, I know. I have been delinquent in updating my blog. Truth be told, work has gotten in the way of my social life. I need to refocus my energies and dedicate time to my cyber-life.

That being said, I will not update those readers who take the time to read my blog. This past Monday night I attended the last EGR Relay for Life Committee meeting. A mere week from tonight I will be on the East Grand Rapids High School track, doing the Relay. The relay goes on for 24 hours, starting at 3PM on Friday night. All of the teams have tents they pitch on the infield of the track and they spend the night there, essentially camping out at the high school. Of course, I have no intention whatsoever of camping at the high school. My idea of camping is staying at a Holiday Inn. I will work the day at the Relay on Friday, then return home for the evening sometime close to midnight. I will head back to the track early Saturday morning. I will spend the rest of the day doing "logistics" tasks. It will be a long day, but it will be easy.

GE keeps me busy. Despite what you might read or hear in the news, GE made over $2 billion last quarter. Sure, it is less than what we made last year, but we were still profitable and will continue to be so for the foreseeable future. I suppose that I am a hopeless optimist, but I know that tomorrow will be better than today. I am buying as much GE stock right now as I can, as I think that it is a bargain at the current selling price of $14/share.

On Saturday, I will run in the 5/3 Riverbank Run. I will run with the Navy team, lead by my former shipmate and longtime friend CAPT Paul J. Ryan, USN (Ret.). I am running the 5K race and the plan is for me and CAPT Ryan to run in the van, guarding the flanks and rear areas. To the non-Navy folks out there, a couple of old retired Navy officers will be leading from the back at this year's run!

I need to settle in and spend some quality time with the Maven. Until my next update, all of you remember to buckle your seat belts, be kind to your parents and be careful out there.

No comments: