Wednesday, April 8, 2009

2009 East Grand Rapids Relay for Life

I am pleased and proud to tell you that for the past few months I have been involved with the
American Cancer Society and the planning committee for the 2009 East Grand Rapids Relay for Life. I am the Logistics Coordinator for the Relay for Life which will be held at the East Grand Rapids High School track from 3PM Friday, 15 May until 3PM Saturday, 16 May. During these 24 hours, relay teams will be walking the track continuously, raising money for the American Cancer Society. For more information about the Relay click on the link below:

www.relayforlife.org/eastgrandrapidsmi

While I have never been diagnosed with cancer, it is affecting the lives of those I love
today and taken the lives of friends and family members I have loved. Each year, the
American Cancer Society works to raise money for research to fight this disease. With
your financial help, we can help the American Cancer Society raise the money it needs
to continue its research to cure cancer.

One in three people will be diagnosed with cancer during their lifetime. The American
Cancer Society Relay For Life is a life-changing event that brings together more than
3.5 million people across the country each year to celebrate the lives of those who
have battled cancer, remember loved ones lost, and fight back against a disease that takes too much.

What I need from you is simple: your money. I am not leading a team as I will be working
the logistics from the start to the finish of the Relay, but what I can do is accept your
donations to the American Cancer Society. No amount is too small or too large to support
the fight against cancer.

The 2009 East Grand Rapids Relay is a little more than 5 weeks away, so there is plenty
of time for you to crack open your check book and send me a check. Again, no donation is
too big or too small. If you can help, please send me an e-mail (plkrat@gmail.com) and I will give you the instructions
on how you can donate to this worthy cause.

No comments: