Wednesday, September 10, 2008


Today was a major moment in the remodeling of our kitchen. The quartz countertops were installed. The countertops are actually about 95% natural quartz, with the remaining 5 percent color flecks and a binding agent. The countertops were measured, molds made and then a quarts slurry was poured into the mold and allowed to harden. They are amazing.

Jim continued to work on trim and he started to tile the backsplash. The plumbers
from Grandville Plumbing also installed the sink and hooked up supply and return lines to the dishwasher, as well as the disposal.

Jim has a few more days of tiling to do, along with some final trim
work. On Monday, Roper Electric will return to finish their work on the puck lights, dishwasher and disposal. The transformation is almost complete!

No comments: