Sunday, March 31, 2013

Family of Spies


Family of SpiesFamily of Spies by Pete Earley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a well written book that chronicled the John Walker, Jr., spy ring.  There were some technical inaccuracies about the US Navy, but the author personally interviewed many of the key players of this conspiracy.  His interviews with John Walker, Jr. were particularly interesting.  I knew that John Walker was an egoist, but he really came across as a megalomaniac.

I served as one of the Communications Material System Custodians aboard USS NIAGARA FALLS (AFS 3) from 1986-1988, and I had to page check some of the same cryptographic manuals that had been previously page checked by CWO2 Walker and RMCS Whitworth.  It was chilling to hold the same manuals that these two traitors had held in their hands.


View all my reviews

No comments: