Monday, April 9, 2012

2012 East Grand Rapids ACS Relay for Life


Gentle Readers,
I am pleased and proud to tell you that once again I am serving as the Logistics Coordinator for the American Cancer Society's 2012 East Grand Rapids Relay for Life.  This is the fourth year that I have served as the Logistics Coordinator and I am looking forward to supporting this event.

The Relay will be held at the East Grand Rapids High School track from 3PM Friday,  18 May until 3PM Saturday, 19 May.  During these 24 hours, relay teams will be walking the track continuously, raising money for the American Cancer Society.  For more information about the Relay click on the link below:

www.relayforlife.org/eastgrandrapidsmi



One in three people will be diagnosed with cancer during their lifetime. The American Cancer Society Relay For Life is a life-changing event that brings together more than 3.5 million people across the country each year to celebrate the lives of those who have battled cancer, remember loved ones lost, and fight back against a disease that takes too much.    Each year, the American Cancer Society works to raise money for research to fight this disease.  With your financial help, we can help the American Cancer Society raise the money it needs to continue its research to cure cancer.

What I need from you is simple: your money.  I am not leading a team as I will be working the logistics from the start to the finish of the Relay, but what I can do is accept your donations to the American Cancer Society.  No amount is too small or too large to support the fight against cancer.  

The 2012 East Grand Rapids Relay is a little more than 6 weeks away, so there is plenty of time for you to crack open your check book and send me a check.  Again, no donation is too big or too small.  If you can help me by sending me a check (and no amount is too small!) to raise money for cancer research, please drop me an e-mail at plkrat@gmail.com and I will send you more information.

I hope that you can find the time to take a few minutes, make a donation (which is completely tax deductible!) to the American Cancer Society and send it my way.  I will ensure that whatever you send to me will help the fight against cancer.  Thanks again for your help in this fight we all must win.

Paul

No comments: