Saturday, January 31, 2009

I am mad as Dell and I am not going to take it anymore!

Late in 2007, I purchased a Dell Inspiron laptop to replace my older Dell laptop. It arrived on cold wintry day in November, 2007, and from the start, I had problems with it. It never quite worked right the first few weeks I had it and Dell had to send me a new hard drive. After the new hard drive was installed, the machine worked reasonably well, but it never quite hummed along as well as I would have liked. Frequently, Microsoft programs would freeze up or just stop working. I also had to deal with an occasional "blue screen of death," which would require me to power the computer down and re-boot it. Well, last week the wifi connection stopped working. One moment I was surfing the internet using our secure wifi connection, and the next moment I am being prompted for the logon and password for a proxy server. I tried everything I could to get the Inspiron to work, but this morning I gave up. I transferred all my personal files onto a back-up hard drive and I am now trying to re-install Windows Vista. I fear that the problem with my computer is a hardware issue, not a software issue. However, I needed to do something to try to fix the computer. I am now using one of our spare laptops (oh stop even thinking that we have too much technology here East of the Equator) while I try to re-install Windows Vista Home Premium Edition. Wish me luck.

4 comments:

Henry said...

I'm not "thinking" that you have too much technology, I KNOW that you have too much technology.

It's probably the proximity of the AirPort on the Maven's Mac that is causing the trouble :-)

Deirdre Honner said...

Hey, leave my Mac out of this. :)

Lisa said...

I think your Mothership has been commandered by aliens.

Paul's Blog said...

The Mothership has given direction. It looks like I will soon be getting a new Dell XPS laptop.

Resistance is futile...